Marquis Broadcast are recruiting a COO based from our office in Pangbourne, Berkshire.
We’re looking for an experienced and flexible COO, to join our team, reporting to the managing director. We have exciting plans for the future, and we need a new and capable member of our team to help us on our journey.
We’re a small but growing business, with most of our business conducted in North America and Europe. Our parent company is Dan Technologies based in Copenhagen. 70% of the role is operational and the balance is financial. It’s important our budgeting, forecasting and reporting are professionally and carefully managed.
Marquis develops specialist software for movie and television production companies. We’re proud and excited to have customers like Netflix, BBC, ITV, Discovery and Warner Brothers using our software.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
- Overseeing daily operations of the company.
- Office and staff administration.
- Managing the organisation’s ongoing operations and procedures.
- Help design and implement business strategies, plans and procedures.
- Set comprehensive goals for performance and growth.
- Evaluate performance by analyzing and interpreting data and metrics.
- Write and submit reports to the MD in all matters of importance.
- Manage recurring revenues including support renewals.
- Manage customer product and service software licensing.
- Designing and implementing business operations.
- Manage the daily operational finance functions.
- Manage the day-to-day bookkeeping (general bookkeeping, accruals, depreciations, reconciliations, payments, salaries, VAT etc.).
- Reconciliation and reporting of VAT and other reporting to the authorities.
- Administration and reporting of salaries and related taxes.
- Participate in the annual budgeting process.
- Participate in and manage the year end process.
- Preparing financial statements as and when needed e.g. for monthly management reporting.
- Planning and reporting of cash flow.
- Support the MD in preparing the monthly management reports and board reports.
- Point of contact for Group finance.
- Point of contact for the bank (including hedging of currencies and financing of international projects).
- Point of contact for the auditors and the tax consultants and other authorities.
- Responsible for the proper insurance of the company (statutory insurances, facilities, products, employees etc.).
- Responsible for managing the suppliers and contract management.
- Together with the MD of Marquis Broadcast insuring that the company is operated in a proper and responsible manner.
A competitive salary will be offered to the successful candidate. The role also comes with private healthcare, life assurance, income protection, on-site parking, 25 days holiday and a pension scheme.
No agencies, thank you.