This is an opportunity for a graduate with strong knowledge of the creative tools used in the media production industry who wants to pursue a technical career, or an engineer with existing broadcast experience. The role will include all aspects of supporting Marquis customers and the Quality Assurance of our products. It is based in our offices in Pangbourne, Berkshire.
We are looking for someone who has experience of the media production environment and tools such as FCP X, Adobe Premiere Pro or Avid Media Composer. You will need good written and spoken English, the ability to diagnose issues, and work under your own initiative. Some UK and international travel may be required.
- Regularly reporting trends in the status of the quality of the software.
- Test schedule
- Creating test strategies, methodologies, documentation and scripts – keeping these and results up to date
- Publishing current test status o Advising on known test workload
- Advising on expected test completion milestones
- Feedback to development
- Effective notification and communication to R&D of issues
- Notification to R&D of dubious, unspecified or unnecessary functionality
- Software Release Procedure
- Manage software releases and prevent unqualified software from reaching customers
The candidate is expected to have the following:
- Experience of a broadcast or media environment
- HNC, Diploma or Degree in an engineering or media discipline
It is preferred for the candidate to have the following:
- Knowledge of Apple Final Cut Pro X, Adobe Premiere Pro CC or Avid Media Composer
- Knowledge of other editing systems
- Knowledge of digital audio workstations
- Knowledge of video standards and codecs
- Highly proficient in spoken and written English
- Able to present ideas and plans
- Able to integrate into a small, close-knit team
- Able to work under own initiative
Marquis Broadcast develops and sells software tools for the media production and broadcast industries. Marquis has been delivering media and metadata integration between the likes of Apple, Avid and Adobe for nearly 20 years. Our customers range from the largest broadcasters in the world through to individual videographers.